Friday, June 15, 2012

but i have a good reason!

I've been MIA and I feel awful after my last post about how often I will blog!! Whoops!!

Things have been a little crazy in my world at the moment, nothing too crazy just busy crazy!

Work is crazy, my house is crazy and my dogs are CRAZY!!

But mainly it's cause of this little crazy kid!

It's her 1st Birthday today!! Happy Birthday Sophie!!


I can't believe how quickly a year has gone! It only feels like yesterday my sister was being taken to hospital to have her. And how my world has changed since she came along.

My auntie (my mum's sister) said to me not long after Soph was born "I feel like a second mother to you and your siblings, I don't know why but I guess it was becuase I was so involved in your lives growing up". And she's right! She is like a second mum to us - an interstate second mum!

And that's how I feel with Sophie! I'm not her mum - I'm no where near as good as her mum - but I love the fact that I can see her growing up and she knows who I am! She will bum-shuffle (her version of crawling!) over to me and will get a cheeky smile when she sees me get home from work! 

It's going to be hard to move out into our own place... better make sure we don't move too far! I know I'll be having withdrawals!! 

Anyway, apart from that, my goals pretty much are still travelling along. 

It has been a little hard to keep with the exercise side of things, but I made the most of the long weekend and headed to the gym bright and early monday morning and I LOVED IT! It felt great apart from the ankle be a little wonky, it was great to get back into it. 

Food wise is at about 85% if I'm being honest. It's all about preparation - and MAKING the time to do it!

This weekend we are staying at my folks place as our place is full of interstate visitors for the party on saturday. It made for a very restless sleep last night... our dogs came with us and being in a place that the only visit occassionally to now needing to sleep at was interesting to say the least. They were up all night sniffing, looking and barking at any noise. I love my dogs but I was ready to re-home them last night!! Which I'm glad I didn't cause they were so cute at 5am this morning once they finally went to sleep - cuddled on our bed!!

Also, I'm thinking about heading back to my GP soon to see what the next step in the baby making journey will be. I have another appointment with the Chinese Medicine man on Saturday - which I can't wait for as it's 40mins of relaxing, peaceful napping!

I promise to keep with not only this blog, but weight and health goals. No distractions! Unless it comes in the form of a baby...

amiee

No comments:

Post a Comment